Are you passionate about building a better future for youth in Egypt?
XPay is an Egyptian fintech startup, which means:
1) we are a small, young and passionate team
2) we operate in a fast-growing and dynamic sector
3) we are tech-savvy with a business outlook
4) we like to take on big challenges!
That’s why our mission is to facilitate a better future for the youth in Egypt. Here is a couple of spotlights to know more about us:
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter, and tech-savvy profile to help us grow our business.
We are looking for a senior backend developer on the core-system team, the team tasked with creating/maintaining XPay's core system and mobile app. You will be responsible for the technical decisions taken within the stack to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work. Evaluating the team's work processes and best practices and implementing changes to streamline operations is also a big part of your responsibility. Efficiency, quality, and automation are paramount to keep transactions flowing to those who depend on it. We are looking for great candidates who will contribute ideas and want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently. This job requires reviewing and giving feedback to your peers about their code
Skills and Technologies:
- Core Languages: Python on Django, SQL,
- Technologies : GitHub, REST APIs,
- Databases: Postgress and MySQL
- AWS Experience ( RDS, EC2 , Elasticbeanstalk, etc ...)
- Outstanding knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- You are proficient in TDD, continuous integration, pairing, infrastructure automation, and debugging
- A technical mindset and analytical approach
- Great attention to detail
- The sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the companys success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Provide consistent support and direction to engineers on the Platform team, in alignment with product roadmap and milestones
- Flexible and collaborative
- Proficient understanding of agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience as a Software Architect or similar role
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and weaknesses in execution/process flows and pipelines
- Attending daily stand-ups
- Architecting solutions and writing elegant, testable & scalable code.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to your peers about their code.
- Build efficient backend features in Python.
- Integrate frontend components into applications.
- Manage testing and bug fixes.
- Understanding UX/UI designs to implement the correct architecture and APIs responses into the code.
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Use agile process and clear documentation of code
- Collaborating with your team to identify and fix technical problems
- Checking that software and applications are updated
- Conducting security audits to identify areas of improvement
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located the Greek Campus Cairo - Egypt
- Competitive Benefits Package including
- Social and medical Insurance
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.